Services, Resources and Programs at Your Library
- Annual Read-a-Thon
- Art Exhibits
- Book Discussions
- Book Fairs
- Book Signings
- City Maps
- Community Meeting Rooms
- Community Outreach (Homebound, Health Care/Senior Center, Local Motels)
- Community Service
- Computer & Internet Access
- Copies/Faxes and a Public Typewriter
- Field Trips/Tours
- Friends Mystery Night Dinner
- Friends of the Library
- Genealogical Research Materials and Monthly Genealogy Meetings More/Less Information
Monthly Genealogy Meetings
Our genealogy discussion group meets once a month. These meetings occur on the second Saturday of the month, except for August which occurs on the first Saturday, and the meetings take place downstairs in our genealogy department. The monthly meetings are at 2 PM. You can also find the Genealogy Group on facebook. Just look for GENEALOGY at the Haysville Community Library.
This list will be updated if timing happens to change.
2016 Meeting Dates
- Saturday, January 9, 2016
- Saturday, February 13, 2016
- Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Saturday, April 9, 2016
- Saturday, May 14, 2016
- Saturday, June 11, 2016
- Saturday, July 9, 2016
- Saturday, August 6, 2016
- Saturday, September 10, 2016
- Saturday, October 8, 2016
- Saturday, November 12, 2016
- Saturday, December 10, 2016
Ancestry.com Library Edition
The Haysville Community Library has free access to the library edition of Ancestry.com for all of our patrons in the library. This subscription is funded through donations and through fundraisers put together by our genealogy department. This will be the third year our library will have the Ancestry.com library edition available for our patrons and each year the price goes up. The library always appreciates any donations or help with fundraisers. Questions should be directed at Alicia at the Haysville Community Library 524-5242.
Members of the Genealogy Group meet at the library most Tuesdays in the morning for a couple of hours in the morning to do genealogy research. If you need to get some help with your own genealogy research you are more than welcome to come in to the library and see if they can be of any help to you. Questions about genealogy and help with genealogy research can also be directed toward Alica. You can contact the library to talk to her and find out when she's available.
- Interlibrary Loans (Borrow Materials from Anywhere in the State) More/Less Information
Ever have trouble finding a book at the Haysville Community Library? There is a service we offer called Interlibrary Loans, ILL for short, where you come into the library and fill out a form for that book we don't have. Then we search all the libraries in the state of Kansas to see if any of them can loan the book to us for you. Now that service is being offered so that you don't have to come down to the library to fill out the form, you can just follow a link to let you, the patron, initiate your ILL. You can follow the link below to get started, it is also on the quick links along the side, as well as on our services page under Interlibrary Loan. A PDF of the step by step process is available below as well.
- Requirements for Interlibrary Loan of Materials:
- It must be a book the Haysville Community Library does not possess.
- The book must have been released for at least three (3) months.
- Your account must be in good standing.
- There is a limit of two (2) Interlibrary Loan requests at a time per person.
- You will need to have an e-mail address.
Patron Initiated Interlibrary Loans
- Kansas Library Cards More/Less Information
Kansas Library CardFrom the Kansas Library Network Board:
"With the new Kansas Library Card you can login to selected online resources from any computer with access to the World Wide Web. To apply for a Kansas Library Card, visit your local library or school, or contact your regional library system. Once you have a Kansas Library Card, you can log on with your PIN and birthdate at KSLC. The Kansas Library Card is provided free of charge to Kansas residents by the Kansas Library Network Board, the Kansas State Library, and the University of Kansas Medical Center."
Questions?Call the Kansas Library Network Board
Some of the services accessible through KSLC:
- EBSCOhost Research Databases
- Newspaper Source Plus
- eBooks (OneClickdigital, Kansas EZ Library, Tumblebooks for Kids, and more.)
- Kansas Library Catalog
- Heritage Quest
- Mango Language Courses
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online
- Auto Repair Reference
- Varias bases de datos disponibles en español.
- Large Print Materials
- Learn-A-Test Online Test Preparation (Prep
for GED, ACT, ASVAB, etc.) More/Less Information
Learn-A-Test Online Test Prep
Learn-A-Test offers preparation for hundreds of different major tests, civil service exams, and basic skills.
Use the following link to sign up and log into Learning Express Library.
- Low Cost Computer Classes More/Less Information
- Classes are held in the computer lab at the Haysville Community Library.
- Number of sessions varies based on the class. Day of the week and time vary by class.
- Cost for each class varies.
- Advance registration is required, and because class size is limited, payment must be made immediately. Registration will open at least two weeks before the first session for each class.
- Any changes will be posted here, and available in print at the Library.
We currently do not have any classes in the works. If you would like to be notified when new classes are scheduled, please call, email or stop by the Library to be added to our Computer Class mailing list.
- Notary Public
- Paperback Exchange
- Permits for City-Wide Garage Sale/Clean Up
- Quilting Club
- Rotating Book Collection with SCKLS
- Salem Health Online Database
- Social & Rehabilitation Services Access Point (Forms Available)
Storytime is an interactive program for children. Caregivers are not required to attend, but are asked to stay in the building. (Toddler aged children require a caregiver.)
There is no cost to join.
There are three different times that Storytime is held:
Tuesdays at 10:30 AM. There will not be any Storytimes on Tuesday during the month of August
Saturdays at 10:30 AM.
- Summer Reading, Workshops, and Entertainment for All Ages
- Tax Forms
- USD 261 Haysville Alternative High School Library
- Voter Registration and Polling