Summer Reading 2015
Enrollment for Summer Reading 2015 will begin on Monday May 18th. Summer Reading will go from the week of June 1st through the end of July. Each week those enrolled in Summer Reading will complete a list of tasks for that week, then the following week check in at the library for a new set of tasks and get a prize for the previous week. Those who complete six (6) of the check sheets by the 27th of July will be invited to a free day at the Haysville Pool on the 1st of August. The Annual Ice Cream Social will be held on the 1st of August, as well, at 6:30 PM. The Social is free for all to attend.
Once again throughout Summer Reading there will be performances on Wednesday mornings at 10:00 AM.
- June 3th: Richard Renner - "Actor, Juggler, Orangutan, Poet and Fool all describe Richard Renner as performs his special brand of humor. Whether juggling, unicycling, ropewalking, or creating a zany improvisation, Richard performs with unbounded energy and skill." - Richard Renner
- June 10th: Mane Stage Maniacs - "Improv means to 'make it up as you go', and that's what we do! We'll do our best to make you laugh!" - Mane Stage Maniacs
- June 17th: Laughing Matters - "We are Jay Cady and Leslie Seifert-Cady, and we have a ball entertaining people. Our shows are full of juggling, mime, magic, improvisation, and duet humor in the vaudeville style." - Laughing Matters
- June 24th: Shawn Reida - "Shawn is helping to create unforgettable educational and non-educational programs so special that children and adults remember them forever with his comical, fast paced, fun filled and highly entertaining live magic show!" - Shawn Reida Magic
- July 1st: No Performance.
- July 8th: Mad Science of Kansas City - "Mad Science has franchises located around the world, who bring science education to millions of children each year. Our innovative programs help kids learn about science through our fun after-school programs, preschool programs, in-class workshops, camps, birthday parties and special events. Mad Science encourages scientific literacy in children in an age when science is as vital as reading, writing and arithmetic and we don’t stop there." - Mad Science of Kansas City
- July 15th: TBA
- July 22rd: TBA
- July 29th: TBA
We will be hosting a variety of summer workshops. You can enroll for the workshops now and the cost is $2 per child. Space in each workshop is limited to 12 people. Between May 18th and June 1st each child can only be signed up for two workshops to give everyone an equal opportunity. After June 1st all remaining spaces will be open to anyone who wishes to sign up. Children 8 and under should have a parent attend with them.
|June 4||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Stamp Art|
|June 5||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Stamp Art|
|June 8||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Rainbow Loom|
|June 9||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Rainbow Loom|
|June 11||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Crochet Part 1|
|June 12||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Crochet Part 2|
|June 22||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Rope Jewelry|
|June 23||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Rope Jewelry|
|June 24||9:00 AM - 11:00 AM||Canvas Painting Part 1|
|June 24||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Stepping Stones Part 1|
|June 25||9:00 AM - 11:00 AM||Canvas Painting Part 2|
|June 25||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Stepping Stones Part 2|
|June 26||9:00 AM - 11:00 AM||Leather Work|
|June 26||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Leather Work|