Guidelines for Wireless Internet Access
- Wireless internet access is available at Haysville Community Library free of charge.
- Users must log in to the wireless network. User IDs and passwords must be obtained from Haysville Community Library staff before logging on.
- The Library has tried to make wireless access as available as possible, but users may encounter some “dead” spots in the Library where reception may be limited. If users have trouble accessing the Internet or staying online, it is suggested that they move to a different location within the Library.
- The wireless Internet access offered is unfiltered. By choosing to user this free service, users agree to abide by the Library’s Internet Access Guidelines. This policy states the limitations of Internet access, user responsibilities for using that access, and provides acceptable and unacceptable uses. A copy of these guidelines can be found here.
- The Library’s wireless network is not secured. Information sent to and from personal notebook/laptop computers and other wireless devices may be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be made that a wireless connection can be made.
- The library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for device configurations, security or data files resulting from connection to the library’s wireless service.
Limitation of Liability
By using the public computers or wireless access at the Haysville Community Library, the user agrees to abide by the guidelines laid out in the Internet Access Policy. The user further acknowledges and agrees that Haysville Community Library assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage to user’s data, or for any damage or injury arising from invasion of privacy in the user’s computer accounts, programs or files.